Nurturing talents since 1981
The history of the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering began as one of the three founding schools of Nanyang Technological University, then known as Nanyang Technological Institute. 1985 marked the year the first batch of students, all 194 of them, graduated.
Today, the School has become one of the world’s largest schools that nurture competent engineers. Each year, the School produces well-trained graduates who are ready to take on the challenges of the workplace.
A training ground for those interested in the field of electrical and electronic engineering, the School offers the following:
- Two four-year Direct Honours professional degree programmes
MSc programmes by coursework
MEng & PhD degrees by research
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Information Engineering and Media
The School is one of the component schools under the renowned College of Engineering, along with five other engineering schools: Chemical & Biomedical Engineering; Civil & Environmental Engineering; Computer Engineering; Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering; and Materials Science & Engineering.
Keeping the wheels of innovation turning
The School is backed by faculty members who have broad, varied backgrounds with strong research and professional expertise.
Apart from teaching the undergraduate and graduate courses, faculty members also take on the following:
- Research and development projects
- Collaborative work with renowned overseas universities, research institutes and multinational companies
The School also collaborate closely with technology companies – local and multinational, start-ups and established names. Our partners include Roll Royce, Thales, Delta Electronics, NXP and ST Engineering, to name a few.
To support advanced research, the school hosts the following research centres and facilities which are equipped with sophisticated and state-of-the-art equipment:
- Centre for Infocomm Technology (INFINITUS)
- Centre for Micro-/Nano -electronics (NOVITAS)
- Centre for Bio Devices and Signal Analysis (VALENS)
- Centre for OptoElectronics and Biophotonics (OPTIMUS)
- Luminous! Centre of Excellence for Semiconductor Lighting and Displays
- VIRTUS, IC Design Centre of Excellence
- Centre for System Intelligence and Efficiency (EXQUISITUS)
- Centre for Optical Fibre Technology (COFT)
- Electromagnetic Effects Research Laboratory (EMERL)
- Satellite Research Centre (SaRC)
- Rapid-Rich Object Search (ROSE) Lab
- Silicon Technologies, Centre of Excellence (Si-COE)